Plans are underway for this years Coffin Hop event. Stay tuned here for more news leading up to the launch on October 24 to share another terrifying week with some of the greatest indie horror authors around!
If you’re a Horror author or artist and want to participate in this years event, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
For all you returning Hoppers, new 2014 art is available in the ART section, and you can visit the FB group to add your twitter handles, etc. The official signup will be available later in the week, and we will be raring to go come October 24.
Til then, enjoy the Walking Dead premiere tonight, go shop the Halloween aisles (if you can navigate past all of the damnable Christmas swag) and get ready to HOP!
A quick message from our friends at LIT WORLD
LitWorld is a global movement powered by the stories of children, giving young people living in the most dire circumstances the chance to change their futures through our unique approach to literacy, centered around joy, hope and resilience.
Our goal is to raise $250,000 so we can bring 10,000 children into the LitWorld movement. Everyone who wants to belong to a LitClub or join a LitCamp should have this opportunity. Your contribution before December 31st will make this dream come true.
Please help build this beautiful story with us.
The new and improved COFFIN HOP STORE, featuring all-new swag, is open for business.
Check out new T designs (including the annual Nic Caesar specials, and the new Coffin Hop Press merch!), mugs, hats, and all manner of craziness to get you all geared up for Coffin Hop!
And be sure to pick up the COFFIN HOP: DEATH BY DRIVE-IN anthology, with all profits benefiting our friends at www.litworld.org
COFFIN HOP: DEATH BY DRIVE-IN is a collection of some of the best and brightest of the Coffin Hop crew, with 21 amazing B-movie inspired stories from some of the best Indie authors around. All profits from the anthology (as well as our Coffin Hop store) will be donated to LitWorld.org, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization supporting child literacy and social improvement the world over.
Special thanks to Siren’s Call Publications for their help with editing and formatting, and Liz Howerton Photography for the amazing cover art.
There book features an introduction by cult horror filmmaker, author and all-around pop-cult expert Scott S. Phillips, and a special cliffhanger episode of the epic comic book phenomenon – Robot Lincoln and Zombie Jackson as they face the sinister Dr. Acula and his steam-powered supermen! Edited by Axel Howerton and published by Coffin Hop Press.
The roster includes:
Amy K. Marshall
Pavarti K. Tyler
- A strange outbreak in the wilds of Alaska may spell unexpected doom for the world.
- Who are we, really? Where did we come from? And who stole Betty’s brain?
- Glenda is hot and available. She’s also totally wild, in the most primal sense of the word.
- Did old Mrs. Danek really see a spaceship? Or is she out of her mind?
- A rare creature haunts the depths of the Black Lagoon, searching for peace and quiet
- A scientist chooses love over duty and dooms a modern colossus in the process.
- An unexpected knick-knack leads to the total destruction of suburbia.
- Los Chupacabras! at the last lonely strip club in a desert wasteland.
- Baked goods on the warpath!
- An accursed bathroom stall spells doom for wayward souls.
- The superpowers bestowed by a faulty microwave may not be all they’re cut out to be.
- Karma comes calling in a black Mustang.
- A mechanical monster lays waste to a Hollywood film.
- The Queen of Screams finds her voice through pain and sacrifice.
- The ancient bane of Tokyo looks back on a life of carnage.
- The creatures of the night don’t take kindly to your condescension.
- Lady Marikova meets her new husband, and he’s a legendary ladykiller!
- Bee hates spiders. She might want to lock the doors.
- Frank’s idea of “playing dead” just got dead serious.
Don’t forget to check out the Official Coffin Hop Store for all your pre-event swag!
Coffin Hop Poobah Axel Howerton appeared on Edin Road Radio t to chat about Coffin Hop, the Death By Drive-In anthology, and even possibly read a little fiction to gear up for this year’s event.
Don’t miss it!